Trek

I feel it all crumbling down,
As an avalanche of rubble and debris
Made of incomplete dreams and unexpected events…
My body feels the leaking of strength,
As the sand from a speeding hourglass
Tumbling through time, end over end…
My eyes need to shut
But I keep them up and running,
Open and alert, aware and focused,
Meeting demands not my own…
What kind of fool that makes me?
I’m “en route” towards some unknown destination,
And as I go, so much goes still with me…
Summer clothes unsuitable for cold temperatures…
I’m taken to laughter with tears swelling within.
I blend in whatever role I’m performing
By my own accord or otherwise, and act it
As if nothing else mattered, counted, or had weight upon me.
Sometimes I share this path with my shadow, sometimes not.
Maybe there’s wisdom in shadows as shadows go.
The inner me traverses a chaotic waterless sea
Filled with wrecks of past eras,
Under the light of long dead stars,
With undead ghostly creatures lurking around
Hidden under layers of unmoving darkness.
Each step is a leap into and through solid constructs
Rusted and decayed hovering like a heat wave…
Yet, step by step I move forward,
And each taken not always is one less to take,
The way changes and I get mix up references,
Crossing an upside down world without rules,
Finding long lived scents in fading colors…
Here I see with my soul,
I can’t hide, can’t avoid the encounters,
Nor would I.
I’m facing it all as it was, as it came to be,
As it is and as it will be,

All in one breath.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Her

Who am I inside?

No "ends"